Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello Again

Several of you have e-mailed and complained over the last several months that I haven't blogged in a long time. What started out as a short break turned into these 4 months. I started down a philosophical rabbit trail that kept going and going.

More specifically, my religious beliefs and my economic beliefs, which had been mostly separate, began to converge. When push came to shove, it was my politics that failed. Not the accuracy or my general embrace of libertarianism and Austrian economics, but my zeal failed. It failed because I realized I believed in a utopia that could never be. Human nature simply will not allow it.

I am hoping to blog more regularly, but there will be a significant change in direction. My writings will mostly deal with Christianity and philosophies that surround it, although I'm likely to dabble in politics and economics as well. I have recently been greatly influenced by Nobel Laureate economist Frederick Hayek, philosopher and author C.S. Lewis, and the theologian Francis Shaeffer.

Do not be mistaken that this will be a blog that defends the Christian status quo. Some will find it irreverent, blasphemous, shocking and appalling. Serious problems exist within modern Christian culture and plenty of traditions need to be wrecked. Don't worry, I'll also hammer a few silly atheists along the way.

No comments: