Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mises Conference on the Great Depression

On Saturday, May 30th, the Ludwig Von Mises Institute is hosting an event in Fort Worth, Texas dubbed "The Great Depression: Then and Now". A good friend of mine is planning to go, so I thought I would invite my readers to attend as well. (All 20 of you!)

There are several great speakers, including my friend* Bob Murphy, author of the new The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal. Bob seems to be a laugh riot from the youtube videos I've seen of his other speaking engagements.

Others Speakers are:

Walter Block
Thomas DiLorenzo
Jeffrey Tucker
Thomas E Woods, Jr. (author of the NYT bestseller Meltdown)

What's great about this conference?

First, it's only $75, which is a bargain. Second, if it's anything like the similar Mises Circle in Houston the crowds are usually small so if you wanted to get a book signed or ask some questions that is available. Third, I'll be there! If you let me know that you are going I may get a group together the night before to have dinner where you'll get to meet my darling wife and kids.

Reservations

To register, you can go here, and if enough of you mention my name in the comments I may be able to negotiate a reserved table closer to the front.

* I'm not sure how you refer to someone with whom you have exchanged a number of e-mails and debated on a blog. My bar for internet "friend" is whether they consistently respond to my e-mails, which he does.

No comments: